April 05, 2007

So I fibbed...

Here is another post. Probably a pointless post since owing to my calling hte previous post The End, most of you will have stopped checking this site! But today's, yesterday's situations have been too good not to gripe about in a public manner. As you all know I set off for Adelaide from Seoul at 5am yesterday morning. I spent a good part of my day sitting in buses, planes and my favourite, airport terminals. Indeed I spent a little bittoo much time sitting in airport terminals it turns out since I missed my connecting flight to Adelaide in Singapore. Boarding for the flight out of Osaka was an hour late owing to ithaving been hit by lightning while landing earlier on. Yes, the pilot was very informative indeed, even went so far as to explain in great detail what damage exactly had been caused and how the engineers "seem to think it won't be a problem". Hmm, hurtling through the air at 5000feet or how ever high it is, at 1000kmph - I think I want a little bit more than "don't seem to think"!! Off we go though, and it turns out that even a lightning bolt can do little to keep a 747 on the ground. I had 3 seats to myself and managed to watch 3 movies and worry about missing my connecting flight at the same time for 6 hours. Turns out I was justified in worrying since I missed my flight by 1 minute or so and was put on a flight to Sydney instead. From there, i was told, I could catch a flight to Adelaide at 10:30am and be only 4 hours later than orginally planned. Funny, it's now 1:30pm and I am still in the Sydney domestic terminal eating sandwiches so expensive I expect at any moment to crack a tooth on the diamond studded lettuce and reading magazines about millionaires who have probably never eaten an entire piece of bread let alone a sandwich in their lives. How sick of this do you think I am then? All that we need now is for this next flight to also be delayed - have a tree fall on it, trip on it's own shoelace or some such and my homeward trek will be perfectly disastrous.

Well no, let's look on the bright side; I am yet to either lose or have stolen any of my valuables! Just let me be home already!!!!

No comments: