March 29, 2007

The End

Well here we are. The final word. My apartment is empty, my bags are packed (or very soon will be) and I have bid everyone I have never met at the Board of Education and the City Hall farewell. I am leaving. Let's have some fanfare or something! So I will make this my last blog entry. Tomorrow it doesn't seem likely that I will get internet access and then I am off to Korea for 5 days. Thanks to everyone who was reading - I hope I didn't bore you too much! God knows that most of the time my life over here has seemed a drag even to me. Daily life is the same anywhere, in Adelaide, in Japan, in Paris - life is just life. Living overseas isn't day after day of excitement and being overwhelmed by new things and feeling like you are on an adventure. It's just like home - there are a lot of average days and a few tops ones, and a few bad ones. Simply the act of being overseas is not excitement in itself. It can be, but home can also be exciting too. Enjoying life is less about where you are and more about who you have surrounded yourself with. I enjoy life a lot in Adelaide because I enjoy the company of the people I know there. With the right people a tiny town out the back of Burke could be a tops place to live I reckon.

On that note, here endith the diatribe and the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well said!

has been a joy to see a little into your life.

safe travels!!